Maybe you have applied to many testing job vacancies and maybe you have had some interviews, however, you still don’t get the job you are looking for. Why? Here we will talk about some reasons.
1. You have a bad formatted resume.
2. You don’t have passion for testing.
3. You don’t see the job details before applying, whether it suits your profile or not.
4. You don’t have strong and VALID reason for the question – Why do you want to join/switch to software testing?
5. You have not spent time doing some homework on job openings – about the company, required skills, experience etc.
6. You are faking the software testing experience.
7. You pretend to have all the testing skills.
8. You think “Testing is easy-to-do task” and “Anyone can do testing”.
9. You think no training is needed to work in software testing field and you will learn when you are on board.
10. You don’t have practical examples to explain and support your answers.
Above are some reasons why you don’t get the job after applying so many and interviewing some.