Here we will mainly introduce the book “A Software Testing Primer” by Nick Jenkins. Thus, you will get basic idea of manual and automation testing. Fisrtly, let’s have a glance of what this book is covering:
1. What is the need of software testing?
2. Different software defelopment models
3. Testing in the software development life cycle
4. How to develop testing mindset?
5. Regression VS. Retesting
6. White box VS. Black box testing
7. Verification and validation
8. Alpha and beta testing
9. Unit, Integration and System testing
10. Acceptance testing
11. Automation testing – Basics
12. Testing the design
13. Usability testing
14. Performance testing
15. Test planning
16. Test estimation
17. Test cases and elements of test cases
18. Test tracking, Test planning and Test plan review
19. How to manage defects and defect reports?
20. Test metrics for testers
21. Product release control
All points above nicely introduce software testing. Moreover, Regression and Retesting difference, Alpha and beta testing and other points that many testers confuse, the author also has good explainations to them.