As we know, the resume is very important while looking for jobs. It’s an opportunity to advertise yourself and demonstrate that you are the best person for the available position. Here we’ll talk about how to write a masterpiece of software testing resume that will turn into an interview call. Let’s learn some tips:
1. Keep CV brief but comprehensive in expression
2. Single spelling error is sufficient to reject your resume. Spell chect for twice.
3. CV should be easily readable
4. Make a clear job objective
5. Highlight relevant skills
6. Do not put fake experience or skills
7. Focus on what employer’s perspective.
8. Always think from employer’s perspective.
9. Avoid table structure. Use tables to mention your qualification and skills only.
10. Do not write resume more than 3 pages unless you are applying for team lead or managerial positions.
11. Do not add irrelevant personal details.
12. No need to write ‘Curriculum Vitae’ or ‘Resume’ word at the top of your resume.
13. Do not use word ‘I’ while describing project responsibilities.
14. Make sure you write your name, email address and phone number on top of the resume.
15. While writing education always start with recent education first.
16. Write qualification details with columns – Education/Qualification, School/College, Year, Percentage/Grade, Class
17. Write relevant skills and on-job-accomplishments on first page of your resume and work experience, educational details on second page.
Additionally, you need to write an effective software testing job cover letter before applying for software testing jobs.