Game testing industry is expanding really fast and now there are many ‘game design’ and ‘video game’ testing openings available in market. The video game testing industry is set to become the largest industry. Gaming had its ups and downs over the years but it continues to grow leaps and bounds. Here we’ll talk about some game testing tips:
1. Understand Random Number Generator evaluation (RNG): This is very important to add unpredictability in game. In most games this RNG system is used to map game outcomes.
2. First identify the “game algorithm” from source code to identify issues in game application.
3. Verify the source code for appropriate use of random numbers and error handling.
4. Validate and evaluate the game predefined rules.
5. Verify consistency of game rules.
6. Make sure offensive content or material is never displayed.
7. Regularly Check Game history and system event logs.
8. Make sure Games outcome are displayed for a reasonable time.
9. Irrespective of Single/Multi player games we need to validate bandwidth and client software.
10. Verify Minimum/maximum limits of bets, deposits and other critical game symbols.
11. Verify correct game and system operation after game fail over and recovery.
12. Always verify all reports for data accuracy. Verify reports for date, time, number of wins, money etc.
13. Test System requirements. This is very important in game testing. Verify all the infrastructure and security requirements, Game equipments, network and game synchronization with OS.
14. Make sure sufficient information is always available to users to protect game players.